Saturday, January 29, 2022
When you own a house of your own, do you want to decorate it as beautifully as you can? Not necessarily very luxurious and luxurious, but it must be warm enough and in line with your own style. For outdoor WPC ceiling tiles, the COOWIN has always insisted on making the best composite products.
WPC ceilings have the characteristics of UV resistance, anti-corrosion, scratch resistance, weather resistance, and maintenance-free. As an environmentally friendly material, more and more consumers tend to choose outdoor composite ceilings to decorate their houses.
There are mainly two mainstream designs for outdoor ceilings. One is a flat or 3D embossed surface design, such as COOWIN’s CW-02. Which has 3 types of patented 3D deep-pressed wood grain options, and the decorative effect is very solid wood.
Or COOWIN’s TF-04W, flat sanding, makes the entire roof look neat and clean.
The other is the best-selling outdoor Great Wallboard CO-09 (219x26mm), which is similar to the indoor Great Wallboard. Compared with the indoor PVC board, it has many differences and advantages:
1. The density is 1.3, which is much larger than the density of indoor PVC Great Wallboard 0.6, so the weight is heavier. The extrusion speed of outdoor wood-plastic products is slow, and the production speed is relatively slow.
2. Different raw materials have different wall thicknesses. Outdoor wall thickness is thicker and stronger.
3. Indoor PVC is a foaming technology and is produced using a single screw. Outdoor is an advanced twin-screw extrusion process.
4. Indoor decoration does not need to consider the influence of the outdoor environment such as weather resistance. The outdoor environment has more stringent requirements on the characteristics of wood-plastic products
The completed engineering drawings for outdoor CO-09 are as follows
After introducing the product characteristics. Let’s take a look at the installation process of the outdoor WPC ceiling tiles:
1. Make the joist, it is used between the cement wall and the WPC ceiling board. It will be helpful to keep ventilated and dry. Which will make sure the long-time outdoor usage of the WPC material.
Normally, for the ceiling, we need to use the metal joist, It has more stable nail holding power and lighter weight. Just note that it needs to make the joist space equal to or less than 450mm.
2. After making the joist structure, we need to install the first pcs of ceiling board. Just fix it with screws directly. Just note that it needs pre-drill firstly, then fix the screws, It will help to protect the WPC board avoid cracking.
predrilling and countersinking prior to driving screws are recommended as they help to achieve neat fastening and finish. And avoid board splitting and screw shearing. For more information, refer to COOWIN Composite Decking Installation Instructions.
3. During installing the WPC board, we also need to note that at the ends of two WPC boards, it needs to leave about an 8mm expansion gap.
As temperatures fluctuate, composite deck boards will naturally experience thermal expansion and contraction. That’s why the board ends should never be installed tight against one another. There should always be a slight gap. How much of a gap? That will depend upon air temperature at the time of installation (Read this to learn more).
For areas that are subject to significant temperature swings. We recommend installing your deck boards using surface fasteners. First, ensure that the deck boards are aligned properly. Then, install a fastener in the middle of each board length to prevent shifting during thermal expansion and contraction.
4. Also during installing the WPC board. It also needs to note that it needs two pcs of joist under the ends of two composite decking boards, each joist holding each end.