December 03, 2021
Quick Summary: Composite decking vs Wood Decking Prices
On average, a pressure-treated wood decking price is between $15 to $25 per square foot including installation. A cedar wood deck will cost $30 or more per square foot. A composite decking pricing is $30 to $45 per square foot installed.
Wood is the earliest and most common choice for decorative flooring. It is durable, economical, and can be used for decades if properly maintained.
Most wood floors are made of pinewood, which is a cheap wood that can be pressure-treated to prevent weather, rot, and insect damage. High-quality wood floors such as cedar and mahogany contain natural preservatives and do not require any type of pretreatment.
Suppose you plan to build a 20×25 foot deck. Based on the above price range, the total cost of pressure-treated pine is 7,500 to 12,500 US dollars, while the total cost of cedar or mahogany is 12,500 to 15,000 US dollars
1. Appearance-The appearance of pressure-treated wood flooring is more natural, and most people think that wood boards are more attractive than wood-plastic composite decking.
2. Price-The price of wood flooring is usually lower than that of wood-plastic composite flooring. The price of processed pine is only half the price, while the price of high-quality wood such as cedar and mahogany is slightly lower than that of composite materials.
1. Maintenance-Most floors need maintenance, staining, or sealing about every two to three years. If not handled properly, the wooden floor will fade and eventually rot.
2. Wear and tear-wooden floor are easy to crack or warp, especially in bad weather. Pressure-treated wood is particularly susceptible to warping.
Wood-plastic composite decking is an artificial flooring product, which has been accepted by more and more people. It is made of a combination of wood fiber and recyclable plastic. Wood-plastic composite decking designs is also imitating wood grain and you can customize the colors and wood grain you want.
The composite decking installation cost is usually about 30 to 40 US dollars per square foot. For a 16×20-foot deck, the price is between US$9,600 and US$12,800.
Do people often wonder why wood-plastic composite decking is more expensive than wood flooring? Their manufacturing costs are high, and more importantly, maintenance costs are much lower, and wood-plastic composite decking can be used for a longer period of time.
1. Maintenance-The wood-plastic composite decking hardly needs maintenance. It never needs sanding, sealing, or dyeing. Clean it several times a year to keep it in good condition.
2. Durability-wood-plastic composite decking has high durability and can withstand inclement weather. It will not split or rot.
3. Ultraviolet resistance-wood-plastic composite decking will not fade or brighten over time, they can maintain the original color for many years.
1. Not real wood-wood-plastic composite boards surface imitation wood grain, but it is still not real wood (composite looks great-composite decking brands are important).
2. Price-the best wood-plastic composite materials are much more expensive than ordinary wood floors.
3. Unable to repair-when the composite deck starts to show signs of wear, you cannot repair or repair it. The only option is to replace it.
If you have other questions about wood-plastic composites, you are welcome to contact us, we have dedicated experts to solve your problems, and we have the best price composite decking to provide you.